Nut free snacks only please
- Bring food and drink for the number of people in your classroom. Be sure to include two teachers, yourself and two extra snacks in case we have a visitor. Something nutritious is preferable. (See page 26 in Handbook.) Water, milk and 100% fruit juice are preferable.
- Drinks should be brought in large plastic bottles or cans which we then pour into small pitchers for serving.
- Snacks should be as nutritious as possible. Birthdays are an exception.:) It is fun to coordinate snacks with special days such as color days, pajama day etc. Check the calendar outside the door for the theme on your helping day.
- School provides cups and napkins. Spoons are available.
- Baskets are available for serving purposes.
- Prepare as much of your snack at home as possible. (grapes must be cut in half)
- There is a refrigerator in Fellowship Hall at the end of the hallway if you need it.
Lend a helping hand at school
- Arrive 15 minutes before class begins
- 4 things need to be done before children arrive:
- Put paints on the easel
- Fill wash basin and the water table
- Write your snack on the snack board
- Sign the calendar hanging next to the work room
– Relax and enjoy interacting with the children through 1st circle. After 1st circle assist children with project in groups of 2 to 4
– At clean-up time:
- Give sponges to the table washers
- Work on cleaning up whatever needs to be done in the workroom ( i.e. clean paint lids and other items from the day’s projects)
- Clean snack tables with soap and water first and then clean with bleach solution in preparation for snack.
– Prepare and put out snack
– Assist with hand washing in the bathroom
– After snack, please wash pitchers, bleach tables, sweep floor and empty trash cans into large garbage can in the workroom.
DON’T FORGET TO HAVE FUN!!